Highampton Community Group
Highampton Community Group
Name: Highampton Community Group
Location: Highampton Parish
Objective: To enhance community life in Highampton Parish.
1. Full Membership is open to all residents of Highampton Parish.
2. Associate Membership is open to non-
3. The Committee Secretary shall keep up to date records of all Members.
4. Membership and Associate Membership fees shall be agreed annually at the AGM.
5. The Full Membership shall elect a Committee to pursue the Objective.
6. The Committee should be at least 6 members but no more than 10.
7. Committee meetings shall be held at least 4 times a year.
8. One third of Committee members must be present to form a quorum (minimum three
9. The Committee may take out and pay for Trustees Indemnity Insurance, Public Liability Insurance and any other form of reasonable insurance it deems necessary from time to time.
10. All Committee members are elected for a period of one year and will retire at
the following AGM but may be re-
11. Committee members will include an elected Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary.
12. In furtherance of the Objective, but not otherwise, the Committee may exercise the power to:
a. Raise funds and to invite and receive contributions providing that in raising
funds the Committee shall not undertake any substantial permanent trading activities
and shall conform to all relevant requirements of English law;
c. Buy, rent, take lease or exchange any property necessary for the achievement of the Objective and maintain it for use;
d. Subject to any consents required by English Law to sell, lease or dispose of all or any part of the property of the organization
f. Appoint and constitute such advisory committees as the Committee may think fit;
g. Do any such other lawful things as are necessary for the achievement of the Objective.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
13. The AGM shall be held not later than three months after the end of the Group’s
Accounting Year. Public notice must be given at least 14 days before the AGM.
14. The AGM will:
a. hear reports of the year’s work from the committee
b. receive the Treasurer’s report on the accounts for the year
c. accept the resignation of the outgoing committee
d. elect committee members for the forthcoming year
Voting at AGM or SGM
15. All full Members are entitled to vote. Voting shall be by a show of hands of those present. In the event of a tie the Chairman or an appointed deputy shall decide.
Special General Meeting (SGM)
16. The Chairman may call a Special General Meeting to resolve a serious problem or if a proposal is made to alter the constitution. 18 days notice must be given prior to a SGM.
17. This constitution can be amended with a majority vote of those full Members present
at the AGM or an SGM called for the purpose.
18. These are the responsibility of the Committee at all times who shall see they
are maintained in good order.
19. This is the responsibility of the Treasurer and Committee. Proper accounts shall
be kept by the Treasurer and tabled at each AGM with an update provided by the Treasurer
at each Committee meeting.
20. The Group’s Accounting year shall run from 1st October to 30th September.
21. A bank account shall be opened in the name of the organisation and the signatures
of two committee members will be needed for cheques to be drawn on the account.
22. The organisation may be dissolved if deemed necessary by the full Members in a majority vote at an AGM or SGM. Funds and other assets remaining shall be distributed to local charities at the Committee’s discretion.